iOS programming isn’t easy. (Would you believe if we told you otherwise?). You can’t learn it without prior programming knowledge. This course is for developers who are interested in making a career jump to iOS. With iPhone and iPad gaining momentum and becoming the next big thing, iOS developers are the most paid developers in the world. A six figure salary is not unheard of, in the bay area for a skilled iOS developer. Why not make your career shift today?
This course is conducted in-house and is also available to companies outside Singapore.
• Ability to customize the course contents to suit your needs
• Ability to choose a date that suit your needs
• In-house training.
• History of Objective-C
• Basics of Objective-C
• Design Patterns commonly used in Objective-C
• Memory management in Objective-C/Swift vs other languages
• Thinking in Objective-C
• Introduction to Swift
• Know your tools – Introduction to Xcode
• Hands on – Your first iOS Application
• Hands on – Your second iOS Application using the built in camera
• Hands on – Your third iOS Application – Hands on – Sending emails/SMS/iMessage
• Hands on – Your fourth iOS Application – Hands on – Audio Playback
• Core Location (GPS, Wi-Fi triangulation, Cellular triangulation)
• Compass and getting heading
• Accessing Other Hardware chips – Accelerometer, M Co-processor and Touch ID.
• Showing Maps and Web Content
• Understanding the View Controller architecture
• Hands on – Making a Country Explorer app using technologies you learnt so far
• Hands on – Accessing the various different hardware in your iOS device.
•Supporting new screen sizes and scales
•Introduction to Today View widgets
•Hands on – Implementing various features of Storyboards
•Hands on – Today View widgets
•Introduction to Quartz Core Framework
•Hands on – Getting the feet wet with this powerful UI Framework
•Introduction to Blocks and Functional Programming
•Hands on – Getting the feet wet with blocks
• Application life cycle
•Classes of apps that are allowed to run in true background mode
•Hands on – Running a location service app in background
• GCD and Dispatch queues
•Networking and accessing remote web services on iOS
•NSURLSession and NSURLSessionTask
•Introduction to MKNetworkKit
•Hands on – Developing a Flickr iOS client
•Advanced Table Views
•Application of your table view concepts to build interesting UI elements
•Hands on – Implementing an Accordion control
•Hands on – Implementing a Pull To Refresh control
•Hands on – Implementing a Infinite loading controller (like Facebook iOS App)
•Introduction to Collection views
•Hands on – Implementing a photo browser like the built in Photos app
•Core Text and Advanced text rendering
•NSAttributedStrings and customized markup text
•Hands on – Understanding the console
•Hands on – Using CATextLayer in table views to get superior performance
•Animations using UIView
•Advanced animations Quartz Core Framework
•Hands on – Getting the feet wet with both kind of animations
•Hands on – Making a custom UIAlertView (Popup with a custom animation)
•Introduction to LLDB and advanced debugging using Xcode
•Introduction to Instruments and using Instruments to find performance bottlenecks
•Hands on – Using Instruments to measure performance gains
After you complete this course,
• Advanced UI customisation
• Doing web services the right way
• Write a highly customized application like Path or Tweetbot
• Advanced Debugging with LLDB
The Duration of the course is 5 days
The fee for this course is S$ 9500.00. (For companies in Singapore).
Contact us for the fees for companies outside Singapore. The total fee for courses conducted outside Singapore includes air fare and stay for 9 days and it could vary widely depending on the airfare.
To register for the course call us @ +65-97274850.
iOSTraining.sg is training course aimed at developers and agency employees to help kickstart with iOS programming. iOS programming isn’t easy. (Would you believe if we told you otherwise?) You can’t learn it without prior programming knowledge. Our courses are tailored for developers who are interested in making a career jump to iOS.